Monday, April 25, 2011

25 Before 25

If I had to choose 2 things to do for the rest of my life they would be to make lists and to talk about myself. The following includes both.

I've always wanted to make a bucket list, but considering I'm not even 20 yet, that idea may be somewhat "far-fetched". (Though the good Lord can take me out whenever He feels it necessary... and after this blog and how much I talk about myself, it may be that time) I like making goals. And I like achieving them. I feel a great sense of accomplishment as I cross completed tasks off a "to do list". So this is my 6 (or 5 1/2) year "to do list". I sat here for a bit tonight thinking of things I would like to accomplish by the time I turn 25. I think I chose easily accessible things for me to do. I think it's goofy when people make lists like this and then you see their blog 3 months later and nothing is crossed off. I would like to do complete this entire list before I'm 25, if not, no biggie. Though, I can almost guarantee that any task that has to do with buying something or some sort of shopping will be completed thoroughly, possibly even 2 or 3 times over.

1. Own a white pant suit. A la Jessica Simpson at the 2003 VMA's.

-Interesting Fact regarding this "task". When I watched the VMA red carpet that year I can remember seeing her in that suit being the first time I can recall ever showing some sort of interest in fashion and having a inspiration piece that I wanted to one day own. Though I will admit, the suit I will own will be much less revealing.

2. Revisit Washington, D.C.

3. Go to the "Unclaimed Baggage" Store in Scottsboro, Alabama.

4. Visit Maine during the late summer/early fall. ( And only during that time frame... any other time I think that it would be too cold)

5. Run some sort of organized race/marathon.

6. Learn to sew.

7. Make a (fabulous) cake using fondant like the "Cake Boss". And talk like him the entire time I am making it.

8. Meet Victoria Beckham. (Hopefully I will be looking completely fabulous when this happens)

9. Meet Tina Fey (again). I will explain to her in the least creepy way possible that I firmly believe I am her long lost sibling.

10. Read the entire Bible. Book after book consecutively.

11. Buy a pair of Louboutins. (not at full price, of course)

12. Attend the Superbowl (preferably a Steelers superbowl) with my daddy.

13. Attend one or all of the following tapings for: The Ellen DeGeneres Show, Jimmy Kimmel Live, Late Night with Jimmy Fallon, or Saturday Night Live. (Though I would really love to star on an episode of SNL... or host... whichever comes first)

14. Spend New Years Eve in New York City.

15. Adopt an accent for an entire day.

16. Go camping. (Preferably somewhere that has running water... like the Ritz Carlton, kidding... or am I?)

17. Go see a movie at the theater alone.

18. Be completely blonde. No highlights. A full color! (This is, however, dependent on whether or not I can tan enough to pull the color off.)

19. Start eating breakfast regularly. A breakfast that doesn't consist of a Frito-Lay product or any sort of carbonation.

20. Do a fast.

21. Catch a fish. (Preferably with a net so that I don't have to put the bait on a hook, but I'm not totally opposed to the idea.)

22. Start wearing a watch.

23. Buy a new pair of eye glasses. This may not seem like such a feat, but I have had the same eye glasses since I was in 8th grade. That's 7 years. I'm hoping it won't take me another 7 to get a new pair.

24. Take an improv class.

25. Watch every film nominated for an Academy Award in the "Best Picture" category for the current year, each year.


So, there you (or I suppose- I) have it. Let's see if I can do it. Not too difficult. I think I'll do well. Considering #5 should be crossed off that list as of May 7th if all goes as planned.

2 comments: